07 September 2009

Just One of the Girls (4)


Original Post 08/04/09 from blog www.brotherhoodof90minutes.blogspot.com

Just to confirm my status of “Just One of the Girls”, let me go over my morning. I’ve dropped off my three children at their respective summer camps, (two hour window now until first pick-up), went to the mall, ran into two of my wife’s girlfriends (mutual friends of mine as well)-one at Target and one at Starbucks- and sent a text to one of my colleagues about a sale at Macy’s on men’s clothes for her husband. Now, I am really trying to think back over the last 10-13 years and asking myself was it always this way? I’ll admit that I’ve always enjoyed shopping. It’s probably a reason I seemed to have a fairly good track record with girlfriends. (a looooong time ago) But, I also had the thought, driving around, that football season couldn’t come fast enough. Although, I quickly realized that anyone that truly knows me would just argue it wouldn’t make a difference. The final answer came to me as I drove into my garage and saw a neighbor in his garage. He was setting out tools and looking as if he was ready for a good day of yard work or some other handy work around the house. To me that looked a foreign as well, a male K-2 grade teacher!! I guess I am just where I’ve been mean to be placed. OK, off to more rounds of summer camp pick-ups and laundry. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment